From our inbox and the twitter search feed, in no particular order:
We’d love for you to consider nominating the CBGB Comic Book series by BOOM! Studios – four books that all sold out by established and new writers and artists. But don’t take our word for it, here's what those in the know said:
- “It's a comic that's definitely worth owning, and one that you can be certain is still going to be as relevant and enjoyable a decade from now as it is today... 5 Stars” – Comic Book Resources
- “Rock historians and comics fans alike are well-served... A-” – The Onion A.V. Club
- “Buy the book. You'll read it and enjoy it... Rating: 9/10” – Pop Matters
- "...a brave experiment... BOOM! has a winner on their hands here..." – Major Spoiler
- “... part history lesson, part homage and all nostalgic admiration... a comic like this is for anyone” – Pop Culture Network
- "If you are a fan of punk... or just a fan of really good comics, go pick up... CBGB from your friendly, neighborhood comic book store. Now. Rating: 5 / 5 Stars" – Fandomania
Thanks for considering our effort and for keeping the CBGB spirit alive for a new generation.
Robert Steven Williams and Louise Staley
I'd like to nominate my book, He-Guy and the Guys of the Universe, for best coloring. As that is the only part of the book I did not do, I feel comfortable nominating the colorist, Tracy Bailey. I have some example pages up at http://guysoftheuniverse.com, and can send a link to the full pdf if need be.
Keep those tweets coming!!