In the meantime, here are some answers to some frequent questions we have received about the awards!
- How does a piece of work get nominated?
- Voters must nominate the work using the Harvey Awards nomination ballot, which will be available soon! The top 5 nominated pieces of work (and ties) will be nominated in each category.
- Do I need to send samples or copies of the work?
- No. There is no submission process.
- Who can vote?
- Any comic creator - those who write, draw, ink, letter. color, desgn, edit, or are otherwise involved in a creative capacity in the comics field. Voters must include a list of credits on the ballot they submit. We encourage all professional creators to vote!
- How do I promote a potential nominee?
- Works are recognized when creators know about them. Creators and their advocates use Facebook, Twitter, blogs, message boards, and any other viral way that you can promote your or others' work!
- When are the Harvey Awards?
- The Harvey Awards will be announced and distributed on the night of September 8th, 2012 as a part of the 2012 Baltimore Comic-Con